Yes, here it is, has been too long. With each passing day I am evermore convinced that my hypothesis about the Lightning pattern development is correct. The “lightning maroon clownfish pattern development” photo series post has been updated as well. This is what the Lightnings are looking like now.
This is the pair I’m holding onto to make a “Lightning” X “Lightning” pairing Time to start feeding the one on the right twice as often as the one on the left so that 6 months from now, the one on the right is twice as big!
The left fish; future male.
The right fish; future female.
The most interesting thing I’ve noticed is that I’ve made no difference in care other than temperature and lighting; the large group in growout has been at warmer temps and has grown significantly larger and faster. However, under only ambient lighting and in a group setting, they’ve not developed the intensity of color that these isolated specimens have. I’m bringing on the lights to get these fish ready for sale!