Tonight, after several nights of battling my larval rack, I finally pulled of the split of Spawn #20 into two separate groups. Long story short, I had taken off two BRTs off a shelf that had somehow “Dropped” on the one side. Both BRTs got a full scrubbing followed by a wipedown with hydrogen peroxide. Meanwhile, I spent 2 nights and 3 days banging on the shelf with a rubber mallet until I finally freed up the shelf from the plastic locking mechanisms. Thankfully I saved some of the extra plastic parts that came with the epoxy-coated wire shelves, and was able to reset the shelf height and set the BRTs back up.

Once the larviculture tanks were set back up, it was easy to simply scoop out half of the water and larvae from the 10 gallon tank. I took a photo of the larvae in the bucket so I can count how many I moved into the BRT. Just as I scooped the babies from the 10 gallon into a 5 gallon bucket, I in turn did the same thing to introduce them to an empty, sanatized BRT.

I’ve continued with doing daily water changes on the larvae and have, at this point, dropped the specific gravity from 1.025 down to 1.018. I’m also doing nightly infusions of rotifers that have been enriched for an hour or two with Super Selcon.

In other news, Spawn #21 was put down this evening (1-9-2014) by the Lighting Maroon pair.