Lots going on in the basement.

Spawn #33 is almost all through meta at this point, so this afternoon I turned on the system water.  It’s sad that I’ve never used my larviculture system as it was meant to be used by design, but hey, finally, I’m doing it right.  The system water is dripping through at a rate of roughly 1-2 drops per second…a very slow flow at this point but it should slowly flush out larviculture water over the next day or two.

Spawn #34, well, I botched it.  I did have more hatch out during the day today, but I discovered tonight that I had neglected to return the heater to the tank after I cleaned it last night. So basically the eggs went from 84F down to room temp, which was probably 76F.  Historically, any time temps go down on eggs, I’ve found it to be a bad thing.  I returned the heater to the tank, made sure it was really greened up, added some rotifers, and will now wait to see if anything else hatches out in the next 24 hours…